Friday 9 March 2018

Boxing Clever


Boxing Clever


Hallo Everyone!

Strictly speaking, todays box
isn't a box ...............I know.......
think I've been bitten by the
Mad March Hare ......!!

Get ready for a truly gorgeous 
project from Craftyfield


"I know decorating glass can be daunting 
but these plates offer creative
 possibilities that had me very excited!

Having 2 sides to play with means that 
you can use Archival inks to stamp and
 alcohol inks to colour, for example, 
but also create foreground and background
 independently without having to worry
 about painting around your motifs.


The kit unpacked. 

The back panel can be painted with acrylic
 or, once gessoed, could be stamped 
and coloured to create a suitable background 
to the scene.

For this project I took a shortcut
 and used patterned paper.


 I stamped my fishes (Paper Artsy Hot Picks)
 with Archival ink and embossed with clear
 Embossing powder first, then I overstamped 
and embossed with both clear and Silver 
powders to create the look of scales.

The algae have been stamped with Versamark
 and embossed with a green embossing 
powder to which I added a sprinkling of 
darker powder for variation.

I painted the back of my fish with DecoArt Extreme
 sheen to add both opacity and shine.


 I used the depth of the 3D plate to place some
 shells on a "sandy" surface but one could 
add one or more layers of acetate hinged over the 
back panel to add more motifs and create even
 more depth in the scene.



If I were you I'd grab these gems whilst 
you can, at this price they won't hang 
around for long!"



Love this project Craftyfield,
thank you very much

A fuss free fish tank with your
own choice of fish - this is
brilliant!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx

2 comments:

  1. Very clever and beautiful use of this kit!!!
    Well done, Christine, this is fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.