Wednesday 16 August 2017

On the Beach

On the Beach



Hi There!

Hope you like our new topic
expect many of you are beached!
If you are on holiday - have a
great time, don't get sunburn
and come home safe

We have Louise Thomson here
today to start us off with a
delightful greeting card:


"You'll have to forgive me as I got all the
 shiny things out for this card and totally 
forgot to keep taking photos as I went 
along (oops!)
 Always have been easily distracted!

I started with a few distress oxides in 
shades of blue and green, smooshed onto 
my craft mat and spritzed with water.

 I repeated a few times to get the desired effect
 and made a tag while I was at it too... 
(waste not want not and all that!)


I placed the kaisercraft stencil over the
 blue and used a damp cloth through the stencil 
to remove some of the ink. 

Then I replaced the stencil and added grunge 
paste through it to create streams of bubbles.

 I also stamped some 'seaweed' in peeled 
paint distress oxide. (Technically the stamp is from
 Card-io's backyard blooms set, but I was using
 creative license) 


At the bottom of the card I added texture 
sand paste in quite a rough formation, 
then coated it in some yummy glitter and beads.



From this point onwards I basically went nuts 
adding every shiny thing I could find
 (which was quite a lot!)

Included here are metallic gel pens, 
stickles glitter, liquid pearls, wink of stella,
 glossy accents, and alchemy wax.

I also stamped parts of blue ferns' seaside 
stamp around the edges to add a border.


Next I cut some sea themed shapes using
 an impression obsession die set. 

Ever since I saw Helen Chilton use enamel 
accents on die cuts I've been wanting to try it
 - now seemed like the perfect opportunity. 

I used the enamel accents on some, 
and liquid pearls on others.



Time to add some text using some
 'ink-smooshed' card strips and a fine liner 
before mounting inside a card base. 

(I used a square die to cut the aperture 
from an ordinary blank card)


And that was it! 

Such a lot of fun to make, I hope it inspires
 you to get messy in the craft room 😃"

Materials;



A lovely card Louise - thank you
You did seem to be having a
lot of fun making this - I love
your embellishments


Amazing what you can do with
a die cut and some Enamel Accents
Nothing like making your own
embellishments!

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I love how the enamel accents work out on the die cuts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you've finished the creatures. The enamel works so well. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...shiny!!! I love enamel the die-cuts, but the Oxide background is great too!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.