Friday 21 July 2017

Fond Farewell

Fond Farewell


Hallo Everyone,

Our subject today is the
final farewell and probably
the hardest one to say

Craftyfield is here with
a beautifully simple card


"Bereavement is one of these difficult 
card occasions and it is best 
to be prepared with a ready made card. 



Failing that, this quick and easy CAS 
card should come in handy if you 
need a Sympathy card at short notice.

For subject matters, I err on the side 
of caution and only use flowers, 
these are not times to try out
 the weird, funny or grungy...

I selected this beautiful flower, using
 only the one stem because a single
bloom has a poignancy that a 
(cheerful) bouquet doesn't.

This design will work with pretty much
 any flowers, including all the lovely 
Honeydoo flower stamps.


For a quick card and a CAS design 
dot the cardstock with paints 
and run a palette knife or gift card 
(used up of course!) to spread the paint.



 No need to fuss but I tried to keep 
the surface smooth since I intended
 to stamp on top.

The Fresco paints I used dry quickly and
 do not buckle the card if applied
 sparingly as I did.


 I inked the flower in pink first and 
added some violet towards the 
bottom of the flower. 

With the smaller pads this mixing colours
 on the stamp is a lot easier than with the 
regular Archival pads!



Because the Fresco paints are matt 
there's no need to heat set the inks, 
but to make sure everything is dry 
before handling a quick blast with the 
heat gun is a good idea.

Before sticking to my base card I 
die-cut the cardstock with a simple
 rectangular shape.

As I finished the card, I got commissioned 
to make a tag to for a remembrance,
 which needed to be water resistant, 
since it would be outside (on a flower pot).



 I used the same Archival inks and against 
the white you get a better idea of how 
deep and vibrant the colours are. 

After stamping, I applied gel medium on 
both sides and now my tag will be waterproof.


Supplies:


Thank you Craftyfield
for a beautiful project
and a very handy tip
for waterproofing a
tag

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx









6 comments:

  1. A very clever idea to waterproof the tag ----- I really dislike the cellophane bags the florists use on the tags for funeral tributes. Great cas card, so often bought cards are a bit too fussy. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and tag Christine, I agree CAS is the way to go with this very difficult occasion. Lovely work x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, lovely card. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how these are colourful and not too sombre but without seeming frivolous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies, glad this design has got the thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful...CAS perfection and love the colours you've used x Wonderful inspiration...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.