Wednesday 15 March 2017

Rainbow


Rainbow



Hi there!

A new week and a new theme
How exciting is that?  Anything
to take our minds off the wind
and the rain

So to start the Rainbow off
here's Jane Castle with a beautiful 
flower heart


"Today I'd like to share with you a Mother's Day 
card that I made using a Kaleidacolor rainbow ink pad 
to colour all my flowers, leaves and die cuts.



Using my Caribbean Sea ink pad I began to
colour various different types of paper and card

This was done by swiping the ink pad across
each piece but always going in the same direction.



For this I used old dictionary pages, watercolour paper, 
300gsm white card, Grunge paper and 
T.H. Ideaology Kraft Resist. 

For some I had the raised pads separate and 
for others I slid the pads together

Next I selected various flower stamps I thought I might like to use, 
a list will be added at the bottom of the page.


The flowers were either stamped in black ink and then 
heat embossed with clear powder 
or stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed 
with white powder. 

These were cut out by hand and a few were then passed 
through an embossing folder and the detail hi-lighted 
using some Treasure Gold Wax.


Next I made a paper stencil of the heart shape 
I wanted to form on my card with my flowers 
and using this lightly inked through to 
give an outline to follow. 

The leaves were then stamped using the 
Caribbean Sea ink pad and a trailing leaf stamp from PaperArtsy.


The cut out leaves were shaped over a pokey tool 
and stuck onto the card with Pinflair glue


Then it was a case of layering the flowers and 
trying out the design before attaching anything permently. 

For the centres I used a mix of brads, buttons 
and pearl beads. 

A few loops of matching ribbon were also added


The word wonderful was stamped in black onto an off-cut 
and then mounted onto a darker coloured scrap. 

The letters MUM were cut using Memory Box 
Parker Upper case die and more of the off-cuts. 

The final touch was a small heart shaped button 
in the bottom righthand corner.



I love the richness of the colour palette from 
this ink pad and the coverage is very good 
on even the most absorbant of surfaces. 

The added bonus of being able to separate the 
different colours means not only can you use 
one colour for stamping a small image or sentiment
 but also they don't bleed into each other."


Items Used

Kaleidacolor Caribbean Sea Ink Pad
PaperArtsy Flora and Fauna 6
Lavinia Zen Flower 2
Jofy 12
Studio 490 - Live and Make Art
Kaisercraft CS912 Flowers
Treasure Gold Wax in Olive Bronze
White and Clear Embossing Powder
Memory Box Parker Upper Case Die
Buttons and Brads
Craft Concepts Budding Vine Embossing Folder



Thank you Jane.  A lovely card for someone you love
and with Mother's Day coming up (in the UK) really
special indeed.


'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx




















4 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning - some new ideas that I've never thought of before - I like the way that you formed the heart shape using the flora and fauna stamp - thank you for sharing. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! and such gorgeous rich colours, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Love the flowers, so much detail and loveliness and wonderful colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.