Thursday 29 December 2016

Collage


Collage


Here we are betwixt and between
the two main events - I have heard
it called "Twixtmas".  Oh dear........!

Hazel Harler has brought us a
journal page to give us some
quality crafting time away from
it all:


For my collage piece I did a mixed media journal spread.


I collected lots of bits and pieces together


I glued my chosen bits into my journal.



Then I gave the pages a thin coat of gesso.




The pages were painted with Fresco Finish paints



I added some Infusions and sprayed with water - I didn't like the result



I used a yellow Inktense pencil and brush to change the result of the Infusions.
 I have no photos of the next couple of steps as it was getting quite dark.

I use an Impression Obsession background stamp 
with a green distress ink on the pages, 

I then spread sherbert Alchemy Wax over the raised areas then decided
 to spread it lightly over the whole project - it toned down the colours


A close up showing the Alchemy Wax.


I stamped the Impression Obsession background stamp 
onto white card with Leaf Green Archival Ink 
and then stamped the Paperartsy images with black Archival Ink. 

I tore the images out and glued them to the pages. 
I added some cotton and green gems, 

the words were stamped onto white card and cut out, 
I went round them with black pen after I'd glued them to the pages. 

I sprayed some brimstone wings Color Bloom 
onto card and punched out some butterflies


Another close up:





Thank you Hazel 
a fabulous page


Haven't touched my journal in a while so think
this project has me reaching for it............
Yes, I do type one handed when I have to!!

See you all again tomorrow

Mickie xx



4 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.